Saturday, August 19, 2006

Water Survival



These pics are a little outdated but they give you a good idea of some of the things I did at water survival training. It was a good time. The only time I was a little scared was while blowing up my one-man raft after one of our parasails and something large brushed up against my leg. I froze for a few seconds waiting for the big chomp but it never came. There are a lot of creatures in the big blue that can really put a whoopin' on you. The parasail was probably my favorite. We got up to 600 to 700 feet above the water, chilled out for a while, pulled the releases and sank down to the ocean. People pay good money for that kind of action and I was paid to do it! I love my job. Other fun things we did was get drug behind a boat (nothing new to any water-skiers out there), swam under a parasail without getting tangled and floated for several hours in a one-man raft learning to employ different open-water survival techniques.

2 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you made it through! Of course, the pictures look like a vacation with buddies and not something difficult! :-) Tell the truth, you just went fishing for a couple of weeks and left Jenn with the hard work! If you ever make it back up here, we will have a "he's the bomb" party! Take care!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger skinnyphish said...

That looks so fun. Dude you need to come to HAvasupai with us next year. Promise me you will try.
Glad you made it out alive. Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home