Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Mighty BUFF




The B-52 was not my first choice but my family and I are very excited at the chance to be able to fly it. My follow on training will take place in Shreveport LA at Barksdale AFB. It should take about 6 months and then I will be stationed at Barksdale or Minot AFB in North Dakota (God's chosen frozen). While I'm somewhat disappointed that I won't be flying the F-16 or the A-10, a lot of extenuating circumstances have led to this. It has been said that you don't chose the jet you fly but it chooses you; I think that is definitely the case here. Jen and I have felt a divine influence in this process and we are both very happy with the outcome. We miss all you guys and are sorry this assignment is not bringing us closer to family but we hope to see all of you soon at the family reunion.

3 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger skinnyphish said...

Congrats Scott. I'm proud of you. That is really cool.

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats!! Don't forget to visit us little folk for a party! We are happy for you and your family and know that you will do great in this plane. Keep us updated!
Love,
The Cox Family

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey little bro, i saw the pictures of you being drug through the water and got a little teary, but than read on and discovered that my worst fear is true, that you are totally out of your friekin mind :) JK, I am so proud of you I love to brag about all that you do!!! i miss you tons we love you guys. love Mel and family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home